[Pdns-users] Multiple forward-zone-file

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Sep 15 07:44:50 UTC 2014

Hello Marco,

On 09 Sep 2014, at 16:28 , GB <gb at zurk.org> wrote:

> is it possible to have multiple files in 'forward-zone-files=' (PDNS recursor 3.6)? I want to split the file into smaller parts and tried already some different settings (e.g. separated with ; or , ) but no luck...

No, this is not currently supported. What does work but is somewhat cumbersome (the REST API in the Recursor uses this approach):

1. set include-dir=/etc/powerdns/recursor.conf.d
2. then inside this dir, create a .conf for every zone you want, using forward-zones+= to add one domain to the list

Depending on your needs and level of automation, I hope this helps.

If not, consider doing the combining yourself. Writing a Makefile that does the combining and perhaps even calls rec_control could make this simpler.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/