[Pdns-users] Recursor: Black list

Ciro Iriarte cyruspy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:56:17 UTC 2014

> In a way i'd chosen sqlite3 instead as it is pretty much on par with cdb.
> But, to make it work properly, i'd just add "*.domain.com", and when you lookup,
> you could reduce it like this with get()
>
> www.my.long.name.com => NOT FOUND
> *.my.long.name.com => NOT FOUND
> *.long.name.com => NOT FOUND
> *.name.com => FOUND
>
> (
> of course you could continue with
> *.com
> *
> )
>
> Aki

Hi Aki!, I couldn't find a (finished) benchmark that compares directly
sqlite3 vs cdb, but the unfinished tests imply that cdb is faster.
Given it's SQL I assume we can just use a SELECT with LIKE clause to
match an "ending" on the DB with the requested fqdn, would it be
faster than doing multiple cdb queries (one for each part of the
requested fqdn)?

Regards,

--
Ciro Iriarte