[Pdns-users] RFE LDAP backend: Filter template

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Oct 18 16:40:21 UTC 2014

HI!

I know that the LDAP backend is not very high on the list of powerdns
development. But I'd like to propose a small enhancement which would make some
unusual LDAP-related setups easier.

Simple new config item 'ldap-filter-template':

Default:
ldap-filter-template = '(associatedDomain={0})'

Which could be replaced when using DHCP server with LDAP backend by:

ldap-filter-template = '(&(objectClass=)(dhcpAssignedHostName={0}))'

Even more nice would be a configurable filter map.
The {} syntax is inspired by Python's string formatting syntax only used as
example.

Of course I can use the pipe-backend to implement whatever is needed for LDAP
integration.

Ciao, Michael.