[Pdns-users] Oracle/goracle - bug or my lack of knowledge?

Leo Vandewoestijne pdns at unicycle.net
Mon Oct 13 12:27:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,

a b wrote:

> You appear to have libraries and includes from both Oracle database and Oracle instant client on your machine.
> I know from experience that linking with database client libraries does not work any more

That may be true, but only for the RHEL case.
The two others didn't have the database, and still showed the same error.

Aki Tuomi wrote:

> > checking for OCIEnvInit in -lclntsh... no
> > checking for OCIEnvInit in -lclient12... no
>
> This is the real problem, but to figure out why it fails, you need to put config.log somewhere and send a link to it.

Exactly. In the meanwhile I however (together with a collegua and a DBA) managed to get over it:

Besides the instantclient -basic and -devel, I now also installed -sqlplus (all 11.2).

And like 'a b' suggested, made an additional link, in my case (this time on CentOS) like this:
sudo ln -s /usr/include/oracle/11.2/client64 $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public

Not sure which of the two was the solution (or if both were), but it did the trick.

Thanks for your help!

Ah well, acomplishing something is more rewarding if it took much effort.
So now I finaly have it working using only a records table (view) in 3.3.1, yay :)
But the very recent change in pdns 3.4's SQL schema for oracle broke the SOA lookup (and so the ANY lookup to) :(

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Leo Vandewoestijne