[Pdns-users] NOTIFY only the ALSO-NOTIFY servers

Philippe M m_philippe at rocketmail.com
Fri Mar 21 08:57:59 UTC 2014

Hi Klaus,
i do a bad way, but it somehow works with no problems at the moment, so if you haven't found any other way, you might want to try it.

I added this line in pdns.conf of my Master:

gpgsql-basic-query-auth=select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name,auth from records where type='%s' and type !='NS' and name='%s'

This manipulates the Query which is send by PowerDNS to the Database to get the records.
With the change it always get a normal Answer except when it wants to know the Nameserver to send a notify.

(AXFR transfer the Records normal - with the NS Records / because it uses another Query)

I don't know if there is a better way to do it, but this works for me at the moment.
(If you find a better one let me know)

Kind regards,
Philippe

Hi!

I have pdns as bum in the wire, acting for a certain zone as SLAVE and
as MASTER. Therefore I had to set slave-renotify=yes.

The downstream slaves receive NOTIFYs via the ALSO-NOTIFY
domainmetadata, both PDNS notifies also the name servers in the NS records.

Is there a way
 to notify only the ALSO-NOTIFY-nameservers and to not
notify the NS name servers? (Similar to Bind's "notify explicit" feature)

Thanks
Klaus