tripivceta at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 7 22:07:09 UTC 2014
Thank You for replying.
> Supermaster relies on NOTIFY messages.
> Yes. Please use pdns_control notify zone if you need to make it happen right
It turns out that I was missing the NS records for thesuperslave. I am documenting the entire process here so that itgets archived for anyone else searching for a solution.
SUPERMASTER / SUPERSLAVE CONFIGURATION, AXFR, ORACLE SCHEMATo configure PowerDNS pdns_server to provision superslaves usingthe AXFR protocol, the following conditions must be met:
- the supermasters table must contain account_name (freeform string), ip_address, and the fully_qualified_domain_name of the supermaster;
- the records table must contain NS type records of the superslave for all domains for which he is to serve answers;
- the serial_number in the content field in the records table where type = 'SOA' must match the value of the serial field in the zones table;
- "master = yes" must be configured in pdns.conf(4) on the super- master;
- "slave = yes" must be configured in pdns.conf(4) on the superslave;
- COMMIT; triggers AXFR if "set autocommit off" is in effect.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pdns-users