[Pdns-users] Insert foreign DNSKEY?

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Wed Mar 5 14:50:43 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 03:43:02PM +0100, Gilles Massen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This feels a bit like an FAQ, but I wasn't able to dig it out, so: how
> can I insert a 'foreign' DNSKEY record in a zone? I don't have the key
> material, but I want it signed by the pdns-managed keys (it is for a
> secure DNS operator change).
>
> What I tried is an insert into records, type=DNSKEY and content="257 3 8
> <public key>", but that seems to be happily ignored.
>
> Any clues?

Hi Gilles,

The latest version of PowerDNS Authoritive server is 3.3.1.

That version has an option called direct-dnskey. Which might have been available in an earlier version, but that code was still experimental.

It is mentioned in the documentation here:

http://doc.powerdns.com/html/dnssec-transfers.html

Hope that helps.

> best,
> Gilles