[Pdns-users] ACL based on source IP

AJ McKee aj.mckee at druid-dns.com
Wed Mar 5 10:05:25 UTC 2014

Hi Andrea,

From your description it appears what you are looking to implement is something akin to BIND views.

This is not possible with a vanilla PDNS instance. However you could overcome this by using a custom backend, say in python that would search a different table space based on the client IP. It sounds difficult, but really its not, and a custom backend is a joyful learning experience.

You could probably do it another way using recursor and multiple pens instances, but I am only guessing here, have never really used recursor.

You could also use IPTABLES here as well, and direct the query to the inside/outside instance of PDNS (You can launch many instances on several different ports all accessing the same database, but you may want to use a custom SQL query if using MySQL as your backend). This may be handy when you want to scale out a little too.

In short, no, but there are many ways to achieve what you want.

HTH

--
AJ McKee