[Pdns-users] SOA-EDIT INCEPTION-EPOCH giving inconsistent serial numbers

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Fri Mar 21 06:49:02 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

For ntpns.org I use “SOA-EDIT” = “INCEPTION-EPOCH”. I recently upgraded to 3.3.1 and it’s nice that the serial is now consistently getting bumped on DNSSEC rollover day (before I often had to bump the serial manually around midnight UTC every other Thursday).

Anyway, it’s still not quite right for me. Currently in the database the serial is 2014031600. Each server generally is configured to show local time, but with a correctly configured time zone.

On my servers in Europe the serial seems to have gotten bumped to 2014032001, but the ones in north america it is 2014031901. While not a problem in itself, I guess, it triggers my “is the zone in sync” monitoring alerts.

Ask