[Pdns-users] Throttling DNS requests in PowerDNS recursor

Edwin in-powerdns at moimeme.ca
Wed Jun 25 15:33:44 UTC 2014

Hi PowerDNS mailing list,

I was wondering if it is possible to throttle/rate-limit DNS requests
that are incoming to a PowerDNS recursing server, without having to rely
on IPtables. A little of context, we are getting thousands of requests
per second to our resolvers from some (a handful) IP addresses, and we
wish to proactively throttle requests when the query rate exceeds a
certain threshold, in order to avoid the abuse of our servers.

Sincerely,
Edwin