[Pdns-users] Duplicate RRs in records table

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Thu Jul 3 15:41:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 05:30:52PM +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> > Hi Klaus,
> >
> > We use gpgsql as well. We only have problems on the initial transfer of
> > the zone because there are no existing records in the domain. Then if
> > multiple AXFRs are started, records can be duplicated. Once the zone has
> > been populated, the delta logic prevents anymore duplication of records.
>
> I think your delta-logic is not needed to prevent duplications. (but
> there may be other reasons why you need the delta logic)
>
> regards
> Klaus

Hi Klaus,

We calculate the delta because we do not perform the initial zone delete
followed by a complete re-population. We have the zone tranfer load into
a temporary table and then join it with the existing records table to
calculate what to delete/insert to make them the same. This really reduces
the WAL generated as well as the table re-writes caused by the full delete/
re-populate cycles for the typical case of a 1 or 2 record delta.

Regards,
Ken