[Pdns-users] Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Vu Le lev.fpt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 06:28:20 UTC 2014

I have checked the with test engineer and confirmed that the query
packet is the same for both successful and unsuccessful query (we dit
the packet capture). The server was serving some client at the time of
testing therefore invalid packet may come from these clients. I will
isolate the server and run the test again.

The packet capture of this test is uploaded here for further investigation:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1932762/test-pdns-recursor.pcap  (350KB)

Vu.

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM, abang <abang at t-ipnet.net> wrote:
> Am 25.07.2014 02:06, schrieb Vu Le:
>
> #tail /var/log/messages
> Jul 24 17:59:50 SERVER pdns_recursor[13859]: Error processing or aging
> answer packet: out of bounds: 16 >= 16
>
> This is an exception in doProcessUDPQuestion:
>
> https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/blob/master/pdns/pdns_recursor.cc#L893
>
> May be the Spirent testcenter sends sometimes invalid query packets?
>
> Winfried