[Pdns-users] Need help re: Remote tried to sneak in out-of-zone data ''|SOA during AXFR of zone

Chris Moody chris at node-nine.com
Tue Feb 18 19:08:08 UTC 2014

=====[ master ]=====
mysql> SELECT * FROM records WHERE name = "." OR name = "";
Empty set (0.00 sec)
=====

=====[ slave ]=====
mysql> SELECT * FROM records WHERE name = "." OR name = "";
Empty set (0.00 sec)
=====

Is there some SQL or dig-querying from the slave perspective that I can
try checking?  I've tried to piece together the full schema from the
various locations in the docs but am wondering if there's perhaps not
some other underlying trouble.

I just added a brand new domain and it's giving me the same behavior.
The docs aren't very clear in some places IMHO so I could very well have
missed something.
(also, once I have this sorted out, I'llgladly volunteer to help get the
docs more solidified and clear).

On the slave, I just nuked the schema and started from scratch.

ex, some schema is here:
http://doc.powerdns.com/html/generic-mypgsql-backends.html#idp10177984
but that seems to miss fields like auto_serial & status.

because as soon as I start the daemon with the schema in the docs, I see
these log errors:
===
Feb 18 19:01:21 nyny-dp-1 pdns[5561]: [OpendbxBackend] execStmt: Unable
to execute query - Unknown column 'd.auto_serial' in 'field list'
Feb 18 19:05:21 nyny-dp-1 pdns[5561]: [OpendbxBackend] execStmt: Unable
to execute query - Unknown column 'd.status' in 'where clause'
===

I found a reference to some schema that includes auto_serial here:
http://www.dwolfix.ru/uctanovka-i-nastroyka-dns-servera-powerdns.html
and then altered tables to include this column.

Had to do the same exercise to get the 'status' column included as well.

Cheers,
-Chris