[Pdns-users] Need help re: Remote tried to sneak in out-of-zone data ''|SOA during AXFR of zone

Chris Moody chris at node-nine.com
Tue Feb 18 16:29:02 UTC 2014

Thanks for the suggestions Peter.

That SELECT returns just a single successful row. (The '.' was just
added to the suffix of the primary & hostmaster fields as I'm actively
trying to debug what's going on).

===
mysql> SELECT * FROM records WHERE domain_id=457 AND type='SOA';
+-------+-----------+---------------+------+-------+------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+------+----------+
| id    | domain_id | name          | type | ttl   | prio | content |
ordername | auth | disabled |
+-------+-----------+---------------+------+-------+------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+------+----------+
| 35275 |       457 | node-nine.com | SOA  | 86400 | NULL |
ns1.node-nine.com. postmaster at node-nine.com. 0 10800 3600 604800 3600 |
NULL      | NULL |     NULL |
+-------+-----------+---------------+------+-------+------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
===

the pdnssec command returned a couple duplicate records, which I just
removed, but still seeing the same errors in the logs.

I've turned on mysql query logging to see if I can find some more
clues.  Are there any other queries you can think of that may help me
find the trouble?

I'm actually even beginning to question whether or not I've got all the
tables & whatnot built correctly.  I just added another new domain and
am seeing the same condition.

-Chris