[Pdns-users] High CPU load with no traffic

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Dec 15 16:21:01 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 01:14:41PM -0300, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
> Hi!, I'm deplaying some recursors with 3.6.2 (packaged by EPEL) and
> they randomly use a lot of CPU and the queries dy by timeout. I've
> seen loads from 1 to 5 (100% and 500% CPU usage).

Hi Ciro. We've not heard of anything like this.

Could you set a server that does this to report to our Metronome setup as
described in
http://blog.powerdns.com/2014/12/11/powerdns-graphing-as-a-service/ ?

Does your Lua script do anything exciting?

Threads=16 is a higher number than we usually recommend, but this should of
course not matter. But perhaps the problem goes away if you lower the
number, and this would be good to know.

Thanks for your report!

	Bert