[Pdns-users] Lua Scripting

Jason Frisvold xenophage at godshell.com
Fri Dec 12 18:07:53 UTC 2014

Peter van Dijk wrote:
> Hello Jason,
>
> If your clients are end hosts (i.e. machines with the equivalent of resolv.conf), they should always be talking to a recursor. If your ‘view’ needs are simple (just a few overridden IPs here and there), using pre- or postresolve in the PowerDNS Recursor would suit your needs fine.

I was hoping to make it easy and have the scripting on the authoritative
server.  Internal machines use the internal recursors as normal, and the
auth server replies with the appropriate data.  External clients hitting
the auth servers would only get the external view.

The data is distinct, there aren't any overlaps..  It's really just a
security by obscurity layer.  In addition to all of the "real" security
layers as well...

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
xenophage at godshell.com