[Pdns-users] Lua Scripting

Jason Frisvold xenophage at godshell.com
Tue Dec 9 17:45:19 UTC 2014

I'm in the midst of transitioning from a BIND-based DNS system to a
PowerDNS one.  For a myriad of reasons, I need to mimic the views
functionality that BIND has within PowerDNS.  It *appears* that I can do
this via Lua scripting.

>From what I'm seeing, the authoritative server only allows for a
prequery script.  At least, that's the only config option I see.  I
think what I want, though, is to pass the query result through a
postquery script instead.  Is that possible, or do I need to stand up a
recursor in front of the authoritative server?

Thanks,

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
xenophage at godshell.com