[Pdns-users] Weird error on start up

Curtis Maurand curtis at maurand.com
Sat Dec 6 02:44:46 UTC 2014

This is a brand new installation from the static debian packages found
on the powerdns website.  I'm not trying to run pdnssec, at least not
yet.  This is a test server which is a clean Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
installation, but ispconfig has been installed on it per the "perfect
server" installation instructions.  There is one test zone in the
database with a set of records.  ispconfig adds one column to the
domains record that is simply and ispconfig id number.

when I start the server, I'm getting:

Backend reported permanent error which prevented lookup (GSQLBackend
lookup query:Failed to execute mysql_query, perhaps connection died?
Err=1: Unknown column 'disabled' in 'field list'), aborting
Dec  5 21:38:53 ispconfig pdns[15416]: Backend error: GSQLBackend lookup
query:Failed to execute mysql_query, perhaps connection died? Err=1:
Unknown column 'disabled' in 'field list'

I can''t find any field named 'disabled' so I'm kind of at a loss. the
recursor is running fine.  Does anyone have any ideas?

root at ispconfig:/etc/powerdns/pdns.d# pdns_server --version
Dec 05 21:44:33 PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.4.1
(jenkins at autotest.powerdns.com) (C) 2001-2014 PowerDNS.COM BV
Dec 05 21:44:33 Using 64-bits mode. Built on 20141030110058 by
root at autotest.powerdns.com, gcc 4.7.2.
Dec 05 21:44:33 PowerDNS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free
software, and you are welcome to redistribute it according to the terms
of the GPL version 2.
Dec 05 21:44:33 Features: botan1.10 libdl lua
Dec 05 21:44:33 Built-in modules: bind gmysql gpgsql pipe gsqlite3 lua
geo tinydns mydns opendbx remote random

--
Curtis Maurand
curtis at maurand.com <mailto:curtis at maurand.com>