[Pdns-users] problems posting to this list

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Fri Aug 15 07:59:51 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

Over the past few months, we'd been receiving some reports of people having
problems posting to our lists. At first, it appeared the problem was caused
by subscribers emailing to the wrong list address. We have told a few of you
that it was your fault.

It turns out that even though we know a thing or two about DNS, we managed
to mess up our own. 'mailman.powerdns.com' was a CNAME. This in turn led
some mail transfer agent software to rewrite posts to
pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com to pdns-users at xs.powerdns.com, and this
would then fail within mailman.

We want to apologize for 1) causing this mess and 2) blaming our users for
it. Sorry.

Thanks to Leo, Winfried and Ruben for nagging us about the issue. You were
right.

The situation has now been resolved, and you should no longer have problems
posting to our lists.

	Bert

--
Bert Hubert