[Pdns-users] Building PDNS Debian Package from Source

Mon Apr 28 10:26:01 UTC 2014

This is how we build our Debian packages:

git clone https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns
cd pdns
rm -rf debian
ln -s debian-pdns debian
vi debian/rules   ---> remove all backends and debs except
                        pgsql (backends and debs on top of the file)
                   ---> replace line 73 with
                          ---with-modules="geo" \
                           --enable-tools
vi debian/changelog   ---> set the version to x.x-<mycompany>-1
vi debian/control     ---> change Build-Depends on libbotan1.10-dev
                            to libbotan1.8-dev
mkdir pdns/docs/html
autoreconf -i
./bootstrap
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -D -B -us -uc

regards
Klaus