[Pdns-users] Incomplete response

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Sep 16 08:25:30 UTC 2013

Hello Javier,

On Sep 5, 2013, at 13:29 , Javier Ruiz wrote:

> We use 3 pdns servers, two of them are syncronized with the first one.
> For a concrete zone, we created two A records for the same host with two
> different IPs:
>
> cloud1.hospedajeydominios.com. 600 IN    A    46.29.49.1
> cloud1.hospedajeydominios.com. 600 IN    A    46.29.49.101
>
> The problem is that when we query our 3 servers for this hostname, we
> get different answers and only one of the servers (one of the
> syncronized servers) responds ok the two records:
..
> Could it be a configuration issue?

This is not generally a configuration issue. Usually, this means the data is in fact not in sync. Can you show us local data (bindbackend files or SQL dumps, depending on what backend you are using) for ns1 and ns3?

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/