[Pdns-users] Problem with reverse DNS (PTR record)

Oscar Zovo oscar.zovo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 16:58:13 UTC 2013

You must have a zone entry for 124.79.41.in-addr.arpa

Supposing that you are using the MySQL backend, you must have an entry for
"124.79.41.in-addr.arpa" in the "domains" table, then create SOA and NS
entries for 124.79.41.in-addr.arpa in the "records" table. Once you have
the domain "124.79.41.in-addr.arpa" properly set, you can add the "PTR"
records for IPs in that netblock.

Also you must ensure that there is proper DNS delegation for your netblock
at Afrinic.

Best Regards,
Oscar Zovo