[Pdns-users] AXFR doesnt work suddenly

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Tue May 28 06:23:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:05:39AM +0700, MeKa wrote:
> @Aki Tuomi: Thank you so much, that's exactly the problem is
>
> I add "hostmaster.mydomain.com" to SOA record and it works immediately! I
> dont why it adds a dot after serial of all domains transferred to dns2, but
> it works.

It adds the dot because it expects email address in format
user.email.address (@ replaced with .) instead of serial. It thinks your
serial is email address, so to speak.

> By the way, is there anyway to remove deleted records when AXFR? I read the
> PDNS docs and they said we can do something with lua script, has anyone
> tried it ?

PowerDNS will automatically take care of removing records in AXFR. What it
does not take care of is the deletion of domains that are no longer on master.

There are some discussions in archives about this and possibilities on solving
it.