[Pdns-users] pdns and keepalived/vrrp

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat May 25 10:35:58 UTC 2013

Hi Alexander,

If you upgrade to PowerDNS Authoritative 3.2, binding to 0.0.0.0 works as intended.

This is detailed in http://doc.powerdns.com/html/changelog.html#changelog-auth-3-2:
"
	• You can now finally specify 0.0.0.0 or :: as local-address/local-ipv6 without getting replies from the wrong address. This much-requested feature is implemented in commit 2763, commit 2766, commit 2779 and commit 2781. Tested on Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X.

Good luck!

--
Bert Hubert
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/