[Pdns-users] NSEC3 opt-out issues in PDNS 3.2

Thu Mar 28 11:03:46 UTC 2013

Meanwhile I found the important statement in the docu: "In NSEC3 opt-out
mode (the only NSEC3 mode PowerDNS currently supports) ....".

Are there any plans to support NSEC3 without opt-out?

Further, I wonder why and how Powerdns synthesis the NSEC3 records on
the fly? In our setup PDNS is a secondary, the signing happens on the
master. Thus, PDNS receives the zone with AXFR, including the NSEC3
records and the corresponding RRSIG records. Then, PDNS ignores all the
NSEC3 records and synthesis them newly. Therefore there is great chance
that the original signature does not work anymore, and that's also the
reason why a zone without opt-out gets broken by PDNS.

regards
Klaus