[Pdns-users] installing ldap as backend

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Mon Mar 18 22:23:55 UTC 2013

On 18/3/2013 10:37 ΌΌ, Jignesh Patel wrote:

> ...Is there any good documentation for setting up
> powerdns with ldap?

Official support has been dropped for LDAP backend by its former
maintainer and, as a result, by PowerDNS too. v2.9.22 is the last
working version, even with some limitations
(see: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.dns.powerdns.devel/1371)

Documentation is available here (by the former maintainer):
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/doc/index.php/PowerDNS_LDAP_Backend

Thanks to a recent ldap-backend fork, development has restarted, but
needs testing - no official releases yet. Read here about the fork:
http://marc.info/?l=pdns-users&m=135534915929068&w=2

Here is the latest call for testing, after adding master support for the
first time:
http://sequanux.org/pipermail/pdns-ldap-backend/2013-March/000011.html

Subscribe to: