[Pdns-users] SOA Serial Number format

Ruben d'Arco cyclops at prof-x.net
Wed Mar 13 08:10:37 UTC 2013

Hi Luca,

Normally, the SOA-serial is what you set in your database. If you've never set it, you might be using the auto-serial feature. It would be helpful if you provide some information about your powerdns setup (config files, etc).

You can also simply change the SOA record in your database to the value you would like.

The soa-edit option could also work very well for you:
http://jpmens.net/2013/01/18/understanding-powerdns-soa-edit/
http://doc.powerdns.com/domainmetadata.html

Hope it helps,
	Ruben