[Pdns-users] Pdns Remote backend crash

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Sat Mar 2 18:46:09 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 08:10:52PM +0200, Aleksey Chudov wrote:
> On 02.03.2013 19:37, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> >On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 07:32:28PM +0200, Aleksey Chudov wrote:
> >>Have you tried to reproduce the problem using the commands that I
> >>sent in the previous letter?
> >Nope, I'll have to install debian6 virtual machine then. I'll get back to you.
>
> I tried to build PowerDNS dynamically rather than statically using
> the following command
>
> CFLAGS="-g -O3" CXXFLAGS="-g -O3" ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local/pdns --enable-pdns_server --disable-recursor
> --with-modules="pipe remote" --with-dynmodules=""
>
> Actually I need a static binary because I plan to use it on my old
> server where I can't build PowerDNS directly because a lot of
> dependencies. But it does not matter for the test.
>
> In this case PowerDNS process has crashed but there were more
> informative log messages.

This is a bug that has been fixed in svn, by ticket #697. I tried to use the
patch on the ticket but it seems not to go clean into pdns. If you want, you
can just use the remotebackend in svn head. Please download the relevant code
from http://cmouse.desteem.org/remotebackend-rev-3109.tar.bz2, I took this from
powerdns repository for you. I wasn't able to reproduce the bug after this.

Aki Tuomi