[Pdns-users] Oracle backend connection string.

Margus Kiting margus.kiting at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 12:53:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to test oracle backend, but I'm not able to find oracle
connection string which should be used with this backend.
I tried configuration options described below, but I think I'm using
oracle-master-database configuration string wrong.
Could someone point me out how oracle connection configuration should be?
I'm using pdns-3.2 which has oracle backend compiled in it.

launch=oracle
oracle-master-database=//ORACLE-IP:PORT/SERVICE-NAME
oracle-master-username=DBUSER
oracle-master-password=DBPASS

Mar 26 12:53:11 Creating backend connection for TCP
% Mar 26 12:53:11 Master/slave communicator launching
Mar 26 12:53:11 OracleFactory: Creating Oracle session pool: ORA-12154:
TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Best Regards,
Margus Kiting