[Pdns-users] pdns lua script to handle the nxdomain

Bill Yuan bycn82 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 00:38:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am using pdns as a local dns server to hijack all the nxdomain, If the
visitor key-in a typo domain, we want to redirect them to our own website.
But I met this two error message on the xp client,

"*** No address (A) records available for XXXX"

"*** UnKnown can't find XXXX: Non-existent domain"

What is the difference between this two error message? Currently I am using
the lua script(
http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/browser/trunk/pdns/pdns/powerdns-example-script.lua)
but seem the nxdomain is not functioning!

thanks,
Bill82