[Pdns-users] pdns master fails to send notify due to error parsing SOA record

Barney Sowood barney+powerdns at lucidnetworks.co.uk
Sat Mar 2 17:10:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm running pdns with the generic postgresql backend. I converted
zones from bind using zone2sql and I'm successfuly serving data.

I'm using pdns as a master and have several bind slaves. The slaves
can successfully do an AXFR. They'll also recieve a NOTIFY if I run
"pdns_control <zone>". However, when I update the SOA of a zone, no
notify is generated and the following message is logged -

Mar  2 17:04:34 XXXXXX pdns[24518]: Exception: Parsing record
content: while parsing IP address, expected digits at position 0 in
'nameserver1.hosted.lucidnetworks.co.uk dns-admin.lucidnetworks.co.uk
2013030201 86400 3600 3600000 3600'
Mar  2 17:04:34 XXXXXX pdns[24518]: TCP Connection Thread died
because of STL error: Parsing record content: while parsing IP
address, expected digits at position 0 in
'nameserver1.hosted.lucidnetworks.co.uk dns-admin.lucidnetworks.co.uk
2013030201 86400 3600 3600000 3600'

Config as follows -

allow-axfr-ips=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
disable-axfr=no
master=yes

I'm running packages from debian stable, 2.9.22-8+squeeze1 to be
precise.

I can't see any relevant Debian bugs filed. Can anyone point me in the
right direction for resolving this?

Thanks,

Barney.