[Pdns-users] mongodb backend

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Mon Jun 3 06:04:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 09:57:36AM +0400, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> 2013/6/2 Aki Tuomi <cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi>:
> > Not exactly the same problem. In MongoDB's case, the problem is that both
> > mongodb and polarssl export the same function. This situtation is known as
> > clash. It would not be a problem if they worked the same way, but unfortunately
> > they do not, and for the moment, neither mongodb or polarssl author has
> > renamed their function.
>

> Thanks for answers. Is that possible to switch ssl backends from
> polarssl to gnutls?

If you guys want to run MongoDB, I could recommend using pipe or remotebackend
to provide non-native support for it. Writing such script is not very complex.

In upcoming 3.3 release of auth, I hope remotebackend will be able to provide
with slave features too, which allows one to implement full backend with, say,
python script.

Aki Tuomi