[Pdns-users] Issue with subdoamin delegation and AFXR

Posner, Sebastian s.posner at telekom.de
Mon Jul 29 12:46:31 UTC 2013

If test.annoying.com is a domain on its own; then there MUST be
a SOA record (it is kind of the domains "identity"), then you can
AXFR the domain (given that NS records are present, too).

If test.annoying.com is NOT a domain on its own, no SOA is needed,

But then you can NOT AXFR test.annoying.com, because you can only
AXFR domains, for which there MUST be a SOA and NS, and the
nameserver MUST be configured to know that it is a domain on its own.

In your setup, you could AXFR annoying.com, and this would include
all records from test.annoying.com.

Kind regards,

Sebastian