[Pdns-users] Power Dns Server As A Domain Name Registry(Parent Name Server)

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Jul 18 15:09:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Jul 12, 2013, at 12:58 , Önem Özgülgen wrote:

> Creating a child name server on Power DNS like ICANN accredited domain name registrars offer to the customers who use this name server on different server.
>
> So, Power DNS won't give detailed managed DNS functionality, it'll just store the domain name data and name server record, so control of it will be done by other DNS server.(And later, it'll be able to change this name server record again with MySQL query.)
>
> I created the domain name entry in domains table and put the zone records on records table as SOA and name server definition pointing to other server but it's not working what i wish.
>
> Let's say the tld is "etc";
>
> etc IN NS ns1.etc
> ns1.etc IN A 1.1.1.1
>
> And, i setup a master zone in 1.1.1.1 ip based server and fill the other records there.
>
> I'm not sure if i could tell my issue clearly, but i wish someone understood me.

Your only description of the problem is "it's not working what i wish". Can you please show us what's not working? dig output would be a good start.

Also, when providing output and other data, please do not hide any details - I doubt 1.1.1.1 is the IP you are really using.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/