[Pdns-users] unwanted SERVFAIL with bind backend

Matthias Leopold matthias at aic.at
Wed Jul 3 08:50:07 UTC 2013

Am 2013-06-28 17:28, schrieb Peter van Dijk:
> Hello Michael,
>
> On Jun 28, 2013, at 17:02 , Matthias Leopold wrote:
>
>> these are the requirements for the process of a zone deletion by nic.at
>>
>> https://www.nic.at/ui/index.php/zonedel/pagezonedelintro/?lang=en-iso-8859-15
>>
>> they only talk about REFUSED and NXDOMAIN. in the past i experienced that SERVFAIL indeed doesn't pass their check, so my intended administrative zone deletion requests at nic.at didn't succed. when i asked about NOERROR (which i could produce using "send-root-referral") they pointed me to the above
>

> I see, indeed.
>
> Those requirements are weird. NXDOMAIN is -not- a correct response for "domain not known here", and REFUSED is not the only valid way to say "domain is not known here".
>
> I would suggest taking this up with nic.at, if you can. If you have trouble getting through to the right people there, please let me know.
>
> Kind regards,

i now talked to nic.at. they told me that they accept 'NOERROR' as a
valid answer and already modified their documentation. since i can
produce 'NOERROR' using 'send-root-referral' with 2.9.22 this should
solve my problem.

thx for help to all of you
matthias

--
Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen

Matthias Leopold
System & Network Administration

Streams Telecommunicationsservices GmbH
Universitaetsstrasse 10/7, 1090 Vienna, Austria

tel: +43 1 40159113
fax: +43 1 40159300