[Pdns-users] rectify is required when ...

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jul 2 06:22:11 UTC 2013

Hi James,

On Jul 1, 2013, at 23:45 , James Cloos wrote:

> Exactly /when/ is rectify required?
>
> I presume changes to the domain_id and name columns demand rectification.
>
> Or should that be the (domain_id,name,type) tuple?

A change to domain_id calls for rectify on the '"receiving" zone. A change to name or type calls for rectify on the zone that the (unchanged) domain_id points to.

> Do changes to the content column need a rectify?

No.

> Change_date?  Prio?

No.

> P.S.  pdns ought to LISTEN on the db for NOTIFIcations (for those which
>      support the conecept) so that rectify and the like can be triggered
>      from w/in SQL.  The NOTIFY payload can specify what to run and on
>      which zones.

We are considering various plans for making rectify easier or obsolete, but we have not settled on a robust solution yet.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/