[Pdns-users] pdns_control hangs

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Wed Jan 9 12:19:05 UTC 2013

Hello Vince,

On Jan 7, 2013, at 16:56 , Vincent Hoffman wrote:

>    We are using powerdns pdns-server-3.1 on centos 6 x86_64 with the
> mydns backend and so far its been working well.
> However 3 or 4 times now our statistics gathered by munin seem to have
> stopped working, each time when this happens pdns_control just hangs
> when run with an argument leaving us with many many instances of it
> running.

First off: if this makes you end up with many hanging instances, your statistics
gathering script needs some locking.

On the real issue with pdns_control: we get reports of this every few months,
but we have not been able to reproduce on our end.

Is there anything in the pdns_server log around the time it starts failing?

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/