[Pdns-users] Record delegation to 3rd party NS

ivan_i at vvpgroup.com ivan_i at vvpgroup.com
Tue Jan 29 12:40:41 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Using PowerDNS 64-bit debian package, version 3.2-1
from http://www.powerdns.com/content/downloads.html
with gMySQL backend and NO DNSSEC.
Operating system: Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS 64-bit.

Trying to set up DNS record delegation to 3rd party NS.
I have domain mydoman.com, which is served by my PowerDNS authoritative name server.
I have record e.g. jabber.mydomain.com, which resolution I would like to delegate to DynECT
name servers.

In ISC BIND9 I just put something like "jabber IN NS ns1.p27.dynect.net." in zone file,
and jabber.mydomain.com starts to be resolved from DynECT name servers, while
other records from domain mydomain.com are still resolved from my name servers.

But when I add "jabber.mydomain.com  NS  ns1.p27.dynect.net" into PowerDNS
it does not work, while reporting record "jabber.mydomain.com" does not exist.
BTW I've tried to add "glue record" for ns1.p27.dynect.net, but it does not help.

Dear community, could you please point me to some kind of solution?

Thanks!