[Pdns-users] Slave support needed on master?

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:50:30 UTC 2013

> Well my problem is that when i make a change my slave server does not seem to know about it.
> E.g. the salve does not receive the notification.  I see nothing in my logs about a notification being sent to the slave.
>
> I'm not 100% sure i have my slave configured correctly either.  All i have done is added the IP of the slave in the allow-axfr-ips secton
> And also i have disable-axfr=no
>
> Do i need to do anything else for to make a server a slave

For PowerDNS (master) to notify slave servers (any brand) it must know
about them. There are two ways:

1. The slave server (e.g. NS2.EXAMPLE.COM) is contained in the NS RRset
   of the zone which is being NOTIFY'd
2. Starting with (3.x) the IP of the slave is in the ALSO-NOTIFY meta
   data in the `domainmetadata' tables.

Usually, the first option is chosen.

        -JP