[Pdns-users] No notify messages

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Feb 18 07:33:56 UTC 2013

Hello Luca,

On Feb 18, 2013, at 4:13 , Luca Salvatore wrote:

> I have been noticing that when I add a new record to PDNS my slaves are not updated straight away, they only get updated at each refresh interval which we set at the default 3 hours.
> It seems that my PDNS server is not sending notify messages to the slaves.
>
> When I run ‘pdns_control notify 1.2.3.4’ I get an messages saying ‘PowerDNS not configured as master’
>
> Looking through my pdns.conf section I have master=yes configured so it seems that it is configured to be a master, also the domains say MASTER...
>
> Any thoughts?  Would notify messages be in the log file? If so I don’t see anything about notify messages being sent.

The message "PowerDNS not configured as master" really does mean powerdns is not seeing master=yes in your config. Is it possible you also have master=no in your config, further down, or perhaps (on Debian) in an included file?

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/