[Pdns-users] PowerDNS backend

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Tue Feb 5 08:54:16 UTC 2013

It is difficult to measure performance for scripted APIs as that depends on
what you do in the backend. However, due to reasons like JSON parsing and
generally more complex processing, remotebackend is probably slower than
equivalent pipe backend.

The best performance can be gained by writing your own backend, if there is
no backend to suit your needs. Although best performance here does require
some thought into the backend design.

Aki Tuomi