[Pdns-users] Slave support needed on master?

Luca Salvatore Luca at ninefold.com
Mon Feb 18 22:28:12 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have a single PDNS server configured as a master.
When I make a change (e.g. add a record) I can see the following logs:

Received NOTIFY for xyz.com from 172.31.56.98 but slave support is disabled in the configuration
Received unsuccessful notification report for 'xyz.com' from 172.31.56.98:53, rcode: 4
Removed from notification list: 'xyz.com' to 172.31.56.98:53

172.31.56.98 is the IP address of the PDNS server, which is the master server as I mentioned.
So on the config on the master server do I need to slave=yes for the notify messages to work correctly?

Thanks,
Luca