[Pdns-users] [Pdns-dev] Auth 3.3.1 release candidate

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Fri Dec 6 13:03:13 UTC 2013

Hello Marc,

On Dec 6, 2013, at 14:01 , Marc Haber wrote:

>> We would never intentionally release identically named tar balls with different contents or checksums.
>
> but if you just release by publishing a git tag, distributors will go
> ahead and make their own tarballs because the workflows and tools need
> them. Even if their contents is identical, those tarballs are bound to
> have different checksums.

I did not just publish a git tag - I also published an official tar ball for that tag.

In any case, part of the motivation for doing it this way, for once, was to find out whether complaints like this would pop up. If the git-snapshot based version numbering/file names are an issue for people, we'll do "normal" RCs in the future, again :)

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/