[Pdns-users] What will pdns do when a fast dns server become slow and become fast again?

jacky wu jacky.wucheng at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 14:22:27 UTC 2013

hi, all,
    I'am reading the source code of pdns-recursor-3.5.3. There is question
I can not understand.
    When a authoritative dns server become slow because of overload,
pdns-recursor will move it backwards in the t_sstorage->nsSpeeds map, and
then a faster dns  server will be used preferred. But when the dns server
recoverd from overload and  become fast again, what will pdns-recursor do
about it ? Will pdns-recursor move it forward  in speed map?  I can't
find relevant source code. Any suggestion?

*with best regards,*

Jacky Wu

*jacky.wucheng at gmail.com* <jacky.wucheng at gmail.com>

*blog:  **http://www.sanote.org <http://www.sanote.org/>*