[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Delegation (SmartConnect Isilon)

Drew Decker drewrockshard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 19:18:40 UTC 2013

We are currently wanting to implement Isilon's SmartConnect features, which
requres a delegation (NS) record to the Isilon.  Unfortunately, their
documentation only covers BIND and Microsoft DNS products.  Is there a way
to do the same thing in PowerDNS?  If so, what is the correct way?

Per the documentation, it shows the following for BIND:

-----
BIND server:
In BIND, a new name server (NS) record needs to be added to the existing
authoritative DNS zone specifying the server of authority for the new
sub-zone. For
that, an A record must be added, specified in the NS record that points to
the SIP
address of the cluster. For example, if the SmartConnect zone name is
cluster.example.com, the DNS entries would looks like:

>> cluster.example.com IN NS sip.example.com
>> sip.example.com IN A {IP"address}
-----

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to work on our end - it says "hostname not
found" - but all other DNS records work for the parent domain on our end -
it is just this one that is not working.  Please let me know if you'd like
me to provide more information on the setup of our PowerDNS servers.

--
Best Regards,
Drew Decker