[Pdns-users] cryptokeys.id out of sync

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed Aug 7 22:03:04 UTC 2013

I looked into this further, and I think I found my issue.

Although a dump and restore should have done the right thing, and I
thought that I had remembered seeing it working after the move, I found
that although the trigger function I use to update the change_date
column existed in the db, the trigger itself was missing.

Even worse, when I converted the two secondaries from axfr to native I
forgot to add the trigger (they hadn't needed it as axfr secondaries,
nor would they have for non-manual sql replication).

In short, my desire not to affect the foreign-managed zones secondaried
via axfr when I started to convert my zones to sql replication, which
led me to do it manually until I figured out how to convince slony or
the like to do partial replication, eventually led to out of sync SOA
serials.  SIGH.  Appologies for the false alarm.

My current setup, using nsd and axfr for the secondaries -- and with the
trigger properly in place -- works well.

It also helps that nsd allocates *much* less vmem than power does (3×64M
vs 1.2G) which makes it more viable for small, extremely affordable vps's.

James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

More information about the Pdns-users mailing list