[Pdns-users] PDNS Inline-Signing with pre-signed zones: defined behavior

Tue Aug 20 08:43:26 UTC 2013

Hi!

I wonder how PDNS behaves when it should sign a zone which is already
pre-signed (e.g. my customer sends me a pre-signed zone although it
should send me an unsigned zone).

Of course I could just test the behavior, but I want to know if there is
a strict policy in PDNS for this scenario on which I can rely.

I think having already DNSKEY records in the DB should be fine (there
are uses cases, e.g. for a DNS provider change) - but what about
existing RRSIGs and NSEC3PARAM

Thanks
Klaus