[Pdns-users] AXFR chunk with a non-zero rcode 9

Javier Ruiz jruiz at hospedajeydominios.com
Mon Apr 15 10:59:09 UTC 2013

On 04/15/2013 12:50 PM, Peter van Dijk wrote:
> Hello Javier,
>
> On Apr 15, 2013, at 12:42 , Javier Ruiz wrote:
>
>>> Please try
>>> dig +norec soa mydomain.com @46.29.50.50
>>> dig +norec ns mydomain.com @46.29.50.50
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here's the output:
>>
>> # dig +norec soa mydomain.com @46.29.50.50
>>
>> ; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> +norec soa mydomain.com @46.29.50.50
>> ;; global options: +cmd
>> ;; Got answer:
>> ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 35821
>> ;; flags: qr; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
>
> Your master does not consider itself authoritative for the domain at all.
>
> Kind regards,

Hi. Thanks Peter.

But what I can't see is why it doesn't. I understand that when another
DNS server is a supermaster and AXFR updates and notifies are allowed,
new zones received from that server are created as slave with the AXFR
sender as master. But even before the zone is created, I get "Received
NOTIFY for mydomain.com from 46.29.49.1 for which we are not
authoritative" (and what I don't understand is why it happends only with
one domain)

I thought adding my master a pdns' supermaster is enough, but... How can
I ensure that my pdns slave is authoritative for every zone created by
my master via AXFR?

Regards.