[Pdns-users] Building pdns RPMs using custom LDAP libraries/headers

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Wed Apr 10 21:31:29 UTC 2013

On 10/4/2013 10:44 πμ, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> LDFLAGS="-llber" ./configure <your configure options here>

OK, this worked!

    export LDFLAGS="-llber"
    %configure <options>

I am still puzzled why in my case the above "export" statement was
needed, but anyway...

And, if we want to link against the custom ldap libraries:

CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS} -I/usr/local/openldap/include"; export CXXFLAGS
LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L/usr/local/openldap/lib64 -lldap -llber"; export
LDFLAGS
%configure <options>

The above worked as well and they are the very settings I had first
tried and posted here, BUT I had not added the "export" statement!

So, things look OK now. Thank you all for your kind assistance!

Just one more question: Why in the spec file of pdns-3.1 EPEL SRPM we
also set:

    export CPPFLAGS="-DLDAP_DEPRECATED %{optflags}"

...??

What does "-DLDAP_DEPRECATED" signify?

Thanks,
Nick