[Pdns-users] Selective notifications

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:16:58 UTC 2013

> Is it possible to somehow disable auto notifications when running
> authoritative server (3.2) in master mode and use pdns_control to
> send notifications "manually" when required to whichever servers we
> want?

PowerDNS notifies the NS RRset in a zone, and this can be augmented by
specifying any number of additional servers you want to notify with the
ALSO-NOTIFY statement in the `domainmetadata' table.

Unless you disable master mode completely, I can't think of a method of
limiting NOTIFYs sent by PowerDNS.

As a matter of curiosity, why would you want to not automatically NOTIFY
slave servers?

        -JP